Ginger Flavored Calf Liver And Onion
|Calf liver||2⁄3 Pound (300 Gram)|
|Egg white||1⁄2 , slightly beaten|
|Oil||37 Milliliter (2 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced into 1/4 inch slices|
|Green onion stalks||3 , cut into 2 inch lengths|
|Ginger slice||5 , shredded|
|Cornstarch solution||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger juice/Grated ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Wine||22 Milliliter (11/2 Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Soup stock||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
1. Trim membranes and veins off calf liver and cut liver into 14" x 1" x 2 1/2" (0.75 cm x 2.5 cm x 6.5 cm) pieces. Marinate with egg white, wine, cornstarch and salt for 10-15 minutes.
2. Blanch marinated liver in ample boiling water for 5-10 seconds. Remove and drain well.
3. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in hot wok and put in blanched liver, stirring over high heat for about 30 seconds. Remove liver and set aside. Clean wok.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok, put in ginger, onion, and green onion, stirring for 30 seconds. Put in ginger sauce mixture, blend well and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Return liver to wok, mix well and stir over high heat for about 1 minute. Thicken with cornstarch solution.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1016 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1004.5 mg334.8%
Sodium 1339.2 mg55.8%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.6%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 72 g144.1%
Vitamin A 2357.2% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 118.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet