|Veal shank||2 Pound|
|Veal shoulder||1 Pound|
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
|Lingonberry preserves/Pickled beets||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Set out a 9 1/2 x 5 1/4 x2 3/4 in. loaf pan.
2. Set out veal shank and shoulder.
3. Put meat into a large, heavy sauce pot with water, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf.
4. Bring to boiling. Skim off any foam. Cover, reduce heat and simmer slowly about 2 hrs., or until meat is tender. Remove meat from broth and set aside.
5. Strain the broth and return it to the sauce pot. Bring to boiling and boil rapidly, uncovered, until 1 qt. liquid remains.
6. Meanwhile, remove the meat from the bone. Put through the medium blade of a food chopper. Add the meat to the broth with ginger and pepper.
7. Turn into the loaf pan and set aside to cool.
8. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
9. When ready to serve, unmold onto a chilled serving plate. Slice and serve with Lingonberry preserves or Pickled Beets.