Veal And Ham Ring
|Ground veal shoulder||1 Pound|
|Ground cooked ham||1 Pound|
|Grated american cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gravy coloring||1 Teaspoon (Bottled)|
|Canned sweet potatoes||18 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Combine veal, ham, cheese, onion, bread crumbs, salt, curry powder and milk; mix lightly with fork.
2. Spoon into 8-inch ring mold; invert onto shallow pan; remove mold.
3. Combine honey and gravy coloring in cup; brush half over meat.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°) about 20 minutes; brush meat with remaining honey mixture; place sweet potatoes in baking pan with meat; baste with juices in pan; bake 20 minutes longer, or until meat and potatoes are glazed.
5. Place on heated platter; if you wish, fill center of ring with cooked cauliflower topped with buttered bread crumbs and chopped parsley.