Rolled Breast Of Veal
|Boneless veal breast||4 Pound|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||3⁄4 Clove (3.75 gm), or 1 small clove, crushed|
|Sliced prosciutto||1⁄4 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Small, cut in small pieces|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
1. Reserve the bones from the veal. Spread the meat flat and season with the salt, pepper and garlic.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
3. Cover the meat with the prosciutto and arrange the mozzarella on top. Sprinkle with parsley.
4. Roll the meat lengthwise and tie with string at one-and-one-half-inch intervals. Place in a shallow baking pan and brush with the olive oil. Add to the pan the onion, carrot, wine, water and veal bones. Roast one and one-half hours, basting occasionally with the pan juices. Remove the veal to a hot platter and keep warm.
5. Heat the butter, add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and blend in the flour. Strain the pan juices and add enough water to make two cups. Pour the liquid into the pan with the mushrooms and stir over moderate heat until the sauce comes to a boil. Correct the seasonings
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4962 Calories from Fat 3081
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 342 g525.7%
Saturated Fat 134.5 g672.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1415 mg471.7%
Sodium 4207.1 mg175.3%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.2%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 372 g744.4%
Vitamin A 239.5% Vitamin C 53.6%
Calcium 37.2% Iron 78.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet