Festive Veal Dish
|Artichoke bottoms||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Whole mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Veal chops||2 Pound|
|Light cream||3 Ounce|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon, stirred into 3 ounce cold milk|
|Cold milk||3 Ounce|
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
|Finely crumbled oregano||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Saute veal chops in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat the mushroom soup in the frying pan with the beef stock and strain.
3. Add the cream and beat in the flour dissolved in the milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
4. Arrange veal chops two by two and pour mushroom soup on top. Put an artichoke bottom and a pepper ring on top.
5. Saute the mushrooms, browning them lightly, and add 3 ounces light cream. Let the mushrooms absorb the liquid.
6. Distribute the mushrooms on the artichoke bottoms, pour on the sauce, and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in a 450°F oven for 15 minutes or until the surface has turned light brown and the dish is thoroughly hot.