Stuffed Veal Breast
|Boneless veal breasts||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed and stems removed|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated jarlsberg cheese/Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Snipped thyme leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Snipped fresh basil/3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Snipped oregano/1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Trim excess fat from meat. Sprinkle meat lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Simmer onion in stock just until tender (about 5 minutes).
3. Place spinach with water clinging to leaves in a large saucepan; cook covered over medium heat just until wilted (about 3 minutes).
4. Drain onion and spinach well in a strainer, pressing moisture out with a wooden spoon. Mix onion, spinach, cheeses, garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon mixture on surface of meat; roll up and tie with string at intervals. Place meat in a roasting pan. Pour wine over roast. Cover.
5. Roast in a 325°F oven about 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
6. Remove roast to a serving platter. Cover lightly with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.