Veal Chops Saute
|Veal rib chops||4 (About 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For Dredging)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Firm butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. Dredge the chops with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a heavy skillet, add the meat and brown on both sides.
2. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook about twenty minutes. Turn the chops two or three times. Transfer to a hot platter and keep warm.
3. To the juices in the pan add the white wine. Reduce by cooking uncovered over fairly high heat two or three minutes. Add the lemon juice.
4. Add the firm butter to the sauce in little curls, swirling the pan to incorporate the butter without its melting rapidly.
5. When the butter has barely melted, pour the sauce over the chops and sprinkle with minced parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2588 Calories from Fat 1456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g251.7%
Saturated Fat 85.5 g427.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1201.7 mg400.6%
Sodium 1390.8 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 235 g469.9%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet