|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
1) Grease a cookie sheet.
2) In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt.
3) Cook, stirring to a boil.
4) Cook, without stirring, to a hard-ball stage.
5) In a bowl, add 1 egg and beat to soft peaks.
6) Slowly beat in half the hot syrup.
7) Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough red food coloring to tint the mix pink.
8) Beat till stiff enough to hold soft peaks.
9) Beat the remaining egg white to soft peaks.
10) Slowly beat in the remaining syrup.
11) Add in the remaining vanilla and tint pale green.
12) Beat till the candy is stiff enough to hold soft peaks.
13) Fold the green candy into the pink candy, gently enough to have it appear streaked.
14) Drop by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
15) Swirl the tops of the mounds to form peaks.
16) Serve as a snack.