|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Colored sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
3. Make the frosting by combining the mixing the frosting ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside till required.
4. In a large bowl, tip in the butter and the granulated sugar and vanilla and beat well with a wooden spoon till light and fluffy
5. Add the flour, salt and mix well till it is soft and fluffy.
6. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Shape the roll into 6 inches long and then cut the roll on the crosswise into six parts.
7. Shape each part into 12 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter. Cut each roll into six (3-inch) pieces.
8. Place the rolls one inch part on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes till golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and set aside to cool.
9. Dip the cool cookies into the frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar or chopped nuts. Arrange the chopped nuts on the cookies. These cookies store well in an airtight container.
10. Serve cold
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg5.1%
Sodium 21.6 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet