Bavarian Cream (Bavarois A La Crame)
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla pod/3 drops of vanilla essence||1|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) In a bowl, whip the cream partially.
2) In a saucepan, add yolks and sugar and cream.
3) In a bowl, add milk and vanilla pod and allow to infuse. (If using vanilla essence, add in to the yolk mixture).
4) When well flavored, discard the pod and add the milk to the yolks and blend.
5) Place saucepan on heat and keep stirring till the mix coats the spoon.
6) Strain into a bowl and cool.
7) In a pan, add water and gelatin and soak for 4-5 minutes.
8) When the custard is completely cold, then place the gelatin over heat and allow to dissolve.
9) Add the hot gelatin into the custard and mix well.
10) In a serving plate, turn out the custard.
11) Stand the plate in a bowl of cold water with ice.
12) Stir till the mix begins to thicken, then add 2 tablespoons of the partially- whipped cream.
13) Transfer custard into a lightly-greased mould and leave to set.
14) Turn out carefully and spread the rest of the cream.
15) Decorate with additional cream before serving.