Walnut and Vanilla Ice Palmiers
|Walnut pieces||3 Ounce (75 gram / 3/4 cup)|
|Puff pastry||12 Ounce (350 gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Castor sugar||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon, superfine)|
|Vanilla ice cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 milliliter, adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with butter. Chop the walnuts finely. On a lightly floured surface roll the pastry to a thin rectangle measuring 30x20cm/12x8in.
2. Trim the edges of the pastry, then brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle all but 45ml/3 tbsp of the walnuts and 30ml/2 tbsp of the sugar over the pastry.
3. Run the rolling pin over the walnuts to press them gently into the pastry, then roll up the pastry from one short edge to the centre, then roll up the other side until the two rolls meet.
4. Brush the points where the rolls meet with a little beaten egg. Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 1cm/1/2in slices.
5. Lay the slices on their sides and flatten them with a rolling pin. Transfer to the baking sheet. Brush the slices with more beaten egg and sprinkle with the reserved walnuts and sugar.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until pale golden. Serve the palmiers warm, in pairs, sandwiched with ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3182 Calories from Fat 1938
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g331.8%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.6 mg100.9%
Sodium 1096.2 mg45.7%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.2%
Sugars 91.9 g
Protein 54 g107.4%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 71.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet