Steamed Turnip Stuffed With Ground Meat
|Ground pork||100 Gram|
|Ground chicken||60 Gram|
|Turnip||1⁄2 Large, peeled|
|Ginger slice||1 Medium, julienned|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Lee kum kee oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For leftover ingredients|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|For leftover seasoning|
|Lee kum kee oyster sauce||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Chicken powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Large|
|Chicken powder||2⁄3 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, mix together ground meats, ginger, and all the seasoning ingredients, and stir well to mix.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Cut the turnip into 8 slices, about 1 centimetre thick.
4. Using a round mould cut centre of each turnip slice to make hole.
5. Cut the leftover turnip from mould into slices.
6. Rub cornstarch, inside each turnip ring.
7. Spoon the meat mixture to stuff the inside of each turnip ring.
8. Dice both the half green onions, white and green part separately,
9. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and swirl the pan around.
10. Place the stuffed turnip rings and fry 1 minute each side or until light brown on both sides.
11. Turn the heat off.
12. In a steaming plate, place the turnip rings.
13. In a steamer with boiling water, place the steaming plate, cover and heat on high for 15 minutes.
14. Turn the heat off and remove the steaming plate.
15. Allow the turnip ring to cool and pour the sauce in a bowl.
16. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce, except green onion, oil and ginger with leftover sauce from turnip.
17. In another small bowl, mix all the leftover seasoning ingredients, except sesame oil and set aside.
18. In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry together leftover meat, ginger, white part of spring onion and turnip slices for 2 minutes.
19. Stir in the seasoning mixture, cook for 2 minutes.
20. Add green part of spring onion and sesame oil and fry till the mixture is dry and turn the heat off.
21. In another pan, heat 1-tablespoon oil, fry ginger, add turnip sauce mixture, and allow the mixture to boil.
22. As the mixture boils, turn off the heat; add green part of spring onion and sesame oil.
23. Place the hot steamed turnip on a warm plate.
24. Spoon the sauce over turnips.
25. In another serving plate, serve the ground meat and turnip mixture.
You can use any kind of ground meat, shrimp or fish for filling.
Turnip needs to have enough weight and it should not be dry.