|Turnips||4 Medium, trimmed|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|No nitrate bacon slices||3|
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, boil the turnips till they become soft.
2) Drain the turnips. Add them back into the pot along with butter.
3) Mash the turnips using a potato masher.
4) In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon till crisp.
5) Remove the bacon.
6) Into the bacon drippings in the skillet, add in the turnips. Saute them well till the turnips have absorbed all the fat.
7) Transfer the turnips onto a serving bowl.
8) Serve Irene's Turnips garnished with crumbled bacon on top.