Saute De Navets Lyonaise
|Turnips||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|White wine||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Veal stock/Chicken stock / water||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter, More If Necessary)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel the turnips. Cut them in quarter and smoothen their edges.
2. In a pan og boiling salted water, cook the turnips for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a saute pan, melt some butter.
4. Add onions. Cover and cook them over low flame until soft or for about 20 minutes. Do not brown.
5. Add flour, wine, stock, tomato puree, bouquet garni, salt and pepper to the pan and boil.
6. Further, add trunips. Cover to simmer them for about 45 minutes. They will become very soft.
7. If the turnips become dry, add more stock. Keep mixing occasionally.
8. Consider it cooked when just a few tablespoons of liquid remains.
9. Discard bouquet garni.
10. Add seasoning to taste.
11. Arrange the turnips in a serving dish and serve at once.