|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1) Remove the peel of the turnips, leaving behind 1 to 2 inches of the green tops attached.
2) In a small saucepan,combine the turnips with butter and sugar.
3) Now add required water to just cover the turnip mixture and cook for 6 to 12 minutes, depending on their size, until just cooked through.
4) Strain and remove excess water.
5) Season lightly with salt and pepper, and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 1382.2 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.5%
Sugars 58.2 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 512.5%
Calcium 45% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet