Chef Keith Snow cooks up a holiday feast-- you'll wow your family with this Sage-Rubbed Turkey recipe.
1 Small (heritage turkey)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
All purpose flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the wings and legs of the turkey and leave the breast in bone.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the turkey and rub sage over it.
4. Place the turkey in a roasting tray and roast until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
5. Remove the turkey and place it in other plate, wrap it with aluminium foil and let it rest.
6. In the same roasting tray with pan dripping, put in the shallots, and let it sweat and get soft.
7. Add in the flour, and stir until the mixture gets thicker.
8. Put in the sage, chicken broth and stir until the gravy is smooth.
9. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
10. Carve the turkey and serve with gravy.
If it's the advent of Thanksgiving or Christmas and you would like to celebrate the special occasion with Roasted Turkey in the authentic style that your mom made, here is the recipe for you. There can be nothing like a perfect roast holding everyone's attention at the center of the dinner table. Now you can make this classic dish in your kitchen with step by step instructions made easy by chef Keith Snow. Holiday dinners have never been so tasty!