Easy & Juicy Whole Roasted Turkey
|Turkey bird||16 Pound, thawed|
|Kosher salt||8 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|For inside cavity|
|For seasoned butter|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl combine the brine ingredients.
2. Line a large bowl, pot or bucket with an oven roasting bag.
3. Place the turkey into the bag and pour in the brine.
4. Tie the bag, making sure all the air is out and the buttermilk brine is completely surrounding the turkey. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
6. Rinse the brine off completely.
7. Dry the turkey with paper towels until completely dry.
8. Combine the salt and pepper and rub inside of the turkey cavity.
9. Stuff the cavity with an apple and orange.
10. In a bowl, combine all of the seasoned butter ingredients.
11. Brush this butter mixture generously onto the turkey, until covered with butter. Reserve some of the butter if desired.
12. Place turkey in a roasting pan.
13. Put on the lower rack in the oven and bake uncovered for 3 hours and 45 minutes to 4 hours.
14. Cover with foil for the last 45 minutes (if you are content with the browning) and also remove the apple and orange at this point.
15. Remove from oven when done.
16. Let rest for 20 minutes.
17. In a serving platter, serve the turkey garnished with roasted vegetables and herbs.