Turkey Stroganoff - Thanksgiving on a Plate
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Granny smith apples||2 , peeled, cored, dicedf|
|Celery stalks||3 , diced|
|White onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Button mushroom||12 , sliced|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound, cooked (or 2 cups leftover shredded turkey)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herbes de provence/Thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt/Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Broad whole wheat egg noodles||5 Cup (80 tbs), cooked, drained|
1. Place a skillet on medium high heat, pour olive oil, and drop celery, onion, mushroom and apple in it. Saute until onions are translucent and mushroom starts releasing water.
2. Throw peas and cook until veggies turn soft and golden.
3. Drop cooked turkey, garlic, and chicken stock. Give it a nice stir.
4. Add cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Stir.
5. Add toasted almonds and dried cranberries. Stir, bring it to a boil, and let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until all cooked through.
6. In the meantime, boil water and cook egg noodles in it for five minutes. Drain.
7. Drop noodles in the skillet. Mix well.
8. Serve turkey stroganoff hot with thyme garnish.
You can chop mushroom, celery, apples, and onion prior to cooking time, put it in a plastic bag, and sprinkle fresh lemon juice to prevent browning.
You can cook meat and store it in fridge for quick and easy thanksgiving preparation.