A 5 star restaurant worthy dish anyone can make at home!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
White truffle oil
1 Teaspoon (1/4 +1 teaspoon)
Herbes de provence
3 Pound (boneless turkey breast roast)
8 (smoked applewood bacon)
Knorr turkey gravy mix
100 Gram (1 package)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, add truffle oil and butter. Sprinkle salt, and mix it well.
3. On a saran wrap, spoon butter mixture. Wrap it tightly to form into a log. Place it in freezer until firm.
4. With a sharp knife make slits on the turkey breast.
5. Cut ½-inch thick five slices from the frozen butter log. Then again cut each slice into 4 equal parts leaving out one. Wrap the remaining butter with plastic and keep it in refrigerator for later use.
6. Now, add butter cubes into the slit as shown in the video.
7. Apply a slice of butter on the turkey breast.
8. In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon truffle salt, herbes de provence, and garlic powder. Blend.
9. Rub the mixture generously over turkey.
10. On a tray, lay bacon slices, place turkey seam side down on it.
11. Wrap turkey with bacon as shown in the video.
12. In a shallow roasting pan, place turkey and pop it in the oven, and roast for about 2 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degree for medium rare and 190 for well done.
13. Remove it from heat, tent, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
14. In the meantime for gravy, remove 1 teaspoon of fat from the roasting pan.
15. In the remaining fat, pour in the gravy mixture. Scrape off brown bits and mix it well.
16. Pour water and sherry in it. Turn the heat to medium and whisk until thickened.
17. Slice roast , drizzle pan gravy over it, and serve it hot with mashed potatoes.
You can keep truffle butter in refrigerator for about 2-3 months.