Stuffed Turkey Breast with Cranberry Gravy
|Turkey breast||1 , boneless, skinless, that has been butterflied flat|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, diced|
|Mushrooms||3 , sliced|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Stove top stuffing||6 Ounce (Turkey Or Chicken Flavor, 1 Box)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Grand marnier||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Herbes de provence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brussels sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste (As Required)|
|Au jus mix/Turkey gravy mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Cranberry sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the grand marnier, orange zest, garlic, and 1/2 tsp herbs de provence.
3. Place the softened mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll it into a tube.
4. Place in the freezer.
5. Sauté the onion, celery, and mushroom in the extra virgin olive oil until the onions begin to get golden and caramelized and the mushrooms have released their water.
6. Add the cranberries during the last 3-5 minutes of sautéing add the black pepper.
7. Prepare the Stove Top Stuffing according to package directions.
8. Add the sautéed onion, celery, mushroom, and cranberries.
9. Using your hands, pat a layer of stuffing down the center of the turkey breast.
10. Save any additional stuffing in tinfoil and bake it alongside the turkey.
11. Beginning at one end, roll the breast jelly roll style and then tie with butcher's string.
12. Cut several slits into the turkey breast using a sharp knife.
13. Remove the flavored butter from the freezer and cut into small discs that have been cut into halves.
14. Insert the discs into the slits made in the turkey.
15. Season the turkey breast with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
16. Toss the Brussels sprouts and carrots in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
17. Place the vegetables into the bottom of a shallow roasting pan.
18. Place the turkey on top and roast in a 350 oven until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees (about an hour and fifteen minutes).
19. Prepare the packaged turkey gravy or au jus mix according to package directions and add 1-2 tbsp cranberry sauce to taste.
20. Stir until the cranberry sauce melts into the gravy.
21. Slice the turkey breast and serve with the gravy drizzled over.
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.6 mg59.2%
Sodium 2901.6 mg120.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 58 g115.6%
Vitamin A 321.4% Vitamin C 77.9%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet