Our local TV station, Fox 28, invited us to share our day-after Thanksgiving recipe for BBQ Turkey sandwiches today on air. With its own homemade BBQ sauce, this recipe is a must-have! We're sampling a recipe for Creamy Potato Soup as well...you can make it from leftover mashed potatoes!
For bbq turkey sandwiches
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Tablespoon, packed
1 Cup (16 tbs) (tomato ketchup)
4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked and sliced (leftover)
8 , split
For creamy potato soup
1 Medium, chopped
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked and mashed
Cream of chicken soup
10 3⁄4 Ounce, canned
2 Cup (32 tbs)
For BBQ Turkey Sandwiches
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onion until softened.
2. Add tomato sauce, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, water and cinnamon, and stir to mix.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, put together turkey and enough of the sauce mixture to generously moisten.
6. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until turkey is heated through.
7. Serve warm on hamburger buns.
For Creamy potato soup
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
2. Remove bacon and set aside and reserve the drippings.
3. In the same pan, sauté the onion in bacon drippings for bout 5 minutes or until soft remove and drain.
4. In a large saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients and place on medium heat.
5. Crumble in bacon; add in onion and allow to simmer until heated through for about 20 minutes.
6. Ladle the soup in warm soup bowl and serve hot.