Turkey A La King
|Fresh mushrooms/Caned mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Cooked turkey||12 Ounce|
|Peas||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (small can, packet frozen peas)|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (large can)|
|White bread loaf||1 Small|
1. Grate onions.
2. On a chopping board, chop the mushrooms finely.
3. Cut cooked turkey into small pieces.
4. If using frozen peas, cook it for 3 minutes. If using canned peas, drain it without cooking.
5. In a pan, heat butter.
6. Add onions and cook it well.
7. Add flour slowly and blend it well. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from flame and add evaporated milk.
9. Heat it again and bring it to a boil. Remember to keep stirring.
10. Add mushrooms and mushroom liquid (if using canned mushrooms), peas and turkey.
11. Season it and heat it over a very low flame for a few minutes.
12. To serve Turkey A La King, split the loaf from the centre and add half the filling. Top it with the rest of the bread and top it with the remaining filling.