Turkey a La King
|Fresh mushrooms/Caned mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Cooked turkey||12 Ounce|
|Peas||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (small can, packet frozen peas)|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (large can)|
|White bread loaf||1 Small|
1. Grate onions.
2. On a chopping board, chop the mushrooms finely.
3. Cut cooked turkey into small pieces.
4. If using frozen peas, cook it for 3 minutes. If using canned peas, drain it without cooking.
5. In a pan, heat butter.
6. Add onions and cook it well.
7. Add flour slowly and blend it well. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from flame and add evaporated milk.
9. Heat it again and bring it to a boil. Remember to keep stirring.
10. Add mushrooms and mushroom liquid (if using canned mushrooms), peas and turkey.
11. Season it and heat it over a very low flame for a few minutes.
12. To serve Turkey A La King, split the loaf from the centre and add half the filling. Top it with the rest of the bread and top it with the remaining filling.
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.9 mg47.3%
Sodium 659.3 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 36.3% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet