Sloppy Joes Ole!
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Large Stalks)|
|Diced sweet green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Large garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hamburger buns||8 , lightly toasted|
1) Take a medium size heavy skillet and heat oil in it. Add celery, onion and green pepper to the oil. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
2) Crumble in the turnkey and saute the mixture for about 2 minutes or until half-cooked.
3) Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, thyme, basil, pepper and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked,
4) Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and water. Boil over medium heat. Reduce temperature and simmer for about 30 minutes or until adequately thickened, stirring constantly.
5) Place about 1/2 cup filling inside each bun and serve hot!