Sweet Sour Turkey
|Frozen cut green beans||8 Ounce (1 package, Green Giant Harvest Fresh)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||16 Ounce, drained, reserving 1/3 cup liquid (2 cans, 8 ounce each)|
|Cubed cooked turkey/Chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cherry tomato halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (brown or regular)|
1) Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Take a medium saucepan and combine cornstarch with brown sugar in it.
3) Add vinegar, margarine and reserved pineapple liquid.
4) Cook until the mixture begins to boil and turn thick, stirring constantly.
5) Add turkey, pineapple chunks, green beans and tomato halves. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
6) Serve the sauce over cooked rice. Garnish with sesame seed, if desired.
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.1 mg8%
Sodium 48 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet