Onion - 1 no, small, finely chopped
Tart Apple - 1 no, chopped
Flour - 1/4 cup
Curry Powder - 1 to 2 teaspoons
Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
Ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
Turkey or Chicken Stock - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Cooked Turkey - 3 cups, chopped
Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
Cooked Rice - 3 cups
Orange - 4 slices OR Seedless White Grapes - 1 cup
1) In a heavy skillet, melt butter.
2) Toss in the onion and apple. Cook the onions till they wilt but do not brown.
3) Add in flour, curry powder, salt, ginger in a bowl. Sprinkle the spiced powder over the apples and onions mixture. Blend well.
4) Add in the stock and milk. Cook on slow heat without burning.
5) Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Add in the turkey and lemon juice.
7) Cover the mixture and let it stay hot for 5 minutes.
8) Serve the Curried Turkey over steamed rice garnished with slices of orange.