Lemon Grilled Turkey Breast
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried whole dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless turkey breast||4 Pound, skinned (1 piece)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
2) Set aside.
3) Wash turkey with cold water, and pat dry.
4) Loosely roll turkey, securing any loose pieces with string.
5) Brush turkey with half of reserved lemon juice mixture.
6) Set aside remaining lemon juice mixture.
7) Prepare charcoal fire in commercial meat smoker; let fire burn 15 to 20 minutes.
8) Soak hickory chips in water 15 minutes, and place chips on coals.
9) Place water pan in smoker; fill pan with water.
10) Place turkey on rack coated with cooking spray.
11) Insert meat thermometer, if desired.
12) Cover with smoker lid; cook 8 hours or until meat thermometer registers 185°, basting turkey with remaining lemon juice mixture after 4 hours.
13) Refill water pan with water, and add additional charcoal as needed.
14) Transfer turkey breast to a cutting board; remove string.
15) Slice turkey.
16) Transfer turkey slices to a serving platter and serve warm.
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.9 mg98.3%
Sodium 276.8 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 100 g199.8%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet