A Turkey Surprise
|Biscuit mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Broccoli||1 3⁄4 Ounce, washed and cut into flowerets and pare and slice stem (1/4 bunch)|
|Medium mushrooms||1⁄8 Pound, washed and quartered|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leftover turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut up|
|Boston lettuce head||1⁄2 , washed and crisped|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Prepared salad dressing||2 Tablespoon|
1. Break lettuce into small salad bowl.
2. Wash tomato and cut into wedges.
3. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and add to lettuce
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
5. Grease a 3-cup, round casserole.
6. To make the biscuits, in small bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/4 teaspoon basil and 1/4 teaspoon thyme and mix well.
7. Add 1-tablespoon oil and 3 tablespoons half-and-half and quickly stir, just until moistened.
8. Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture and spread with back of the spoon into 5-inch biscuits. Make a 1-inch hole in center.
9. Brush the biscuits with lightly beaten egg yolk to give them a rich golden color and shine.
10. Place in hot oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
11. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil.
12. Cook broccoli for 5 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain well.
13. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the mushrooms until tender.
14. Stir in the flour and sautÃ© until lightly browned.
15. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in turkey broth, white wine, 1/2 cup half-and-half, 1/4 teaspoon each of basil and thyme.
16. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thick and bubbly.
17. Add broccoli and turkey to the sauce.
18. Turn into a casserole and arrange the biscuits on top.
19. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes to reheat.
20. Toss the salad with dressing and serve with the Turkey surprise.