|Whole egg/2 egg whites / 1/4 cup defrosted no-cholesterol substitute||1|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Turkey breast slices||1 Pound (Louis Rich Brand)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||3 Ounce|
|Fat skimmed turkey broth/Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese slices||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Grease a shallow baking dish with oil or spray.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F
3. Beat egg with salt and pepper.
4. Combine Parmesan cheese with crumbs.
5. Bread the turkey by dipping each in egg then rolling and pressing in crumb mixture. Arranged the breaded turkey slices in baking dish.
6. Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and set aside.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F
9. In a bowl, combine tomato paste, broth, wine if using, and oregano.
10. Spoon the sauce over breaded turkey slices.
11. Arrange mozzarella slices on top.
12. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or so until sauce is hot and cheese has melted and lightly browned.
13. Serve Turkey Parmigiana hot accompanied by a green salad on the side.
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 134 mg44.7%
Sodium 805.9 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet