Roast Turkey Supreme
|Turkey||12 Pound (1 Turkey)|
|Season all||1 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Msg)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Rinse the turkey thoroughly and pat dry.
3) Rub the cavity and outer surface of the turkey with the seasonings.
4) Skewer neck skin and wings to back of the turkey, secure the cavity with skewers and tie legs together.
5) In shallow open pan, place the turkey on a rack and rub the entire surface with butter or oil.
6) Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the inside thigh muscle or the thickest part of the breast meat.
7) Cover top and sides with a cheesecloth moistened with butter or aluminum foil.
8) Roast in the preheated oven for 5 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 190°F and the drumsticks twist easily.
9) Serve the Roast Turkey Supreme, immediately on a serving platter.