Grilled Turkey Pieces
|Ready to cook turkey||7 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. To prepare turkey cut it as follows: 2 wings, 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 4 breast pieces and 2 back pieces.
2. In a bowl combine remaining ingredients for marinade.
3. In the marinade, place turkey for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator.
4. On grill place drum sticks, thighs and breast pieces 6 to 8 inches above medium-hot coals and add wings and back 30 minutes later.
5. Broil turning occasionally for 1 hour, baste with marinade and broil 30 minutes more such that turkey is done to thigh muscle fork-tender.
6. Carve the turkey, cut as desired and serve with basting liquid spooned around or as desired.
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 228.6 mg76.2%
Sodium 575.5 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 65 g130.9%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet