Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast
|Skinless turkey breast||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Carrots||4 , cut into 3 inch sticks|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
1. Use a sharp knife to make 12 cuts on the surface of the turkey and pat the turkey dry
2. Prepare an oven cooking bag that is the size of the turkey and the vegetables.
3. Prepare baking tray for the turkey.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. Insert garlic cloves into the cuts of the turkey and then rub the breast with a sprig of thyme
6. In the large cooking bag, tip in the flour
7. Add the turkey to the bag and shake well to ensure that it is well coated.
8. In the same bag, add the vegetables by arranging the mushrooms and the carrots around the turkey.
9. Add the stock and the rosemary and thyme to the bag. Ensure that the bag is closed well according to the manufacturer-€™s instructions and place it on the baking tray.
10. Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or to an internal temperature of 175°F.
11. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
12. Serve the turkey with the vegetables.
Use the stock in the bag to prepare a simple gravy that is thickened with cream and pepper.
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.58 mg0.19%
Sodium 139.2 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 144 g288.1%
Vitamin A 206.2% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet