Turkey a la Mayfair
|Cooked peas/Canned peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turkey broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cook peas if fresh peas are being used.
2) Take a bowl and combine in it thyme, cornstarch, pepper and salt.
3) Add milk and broth.
4) Stir in celery and onion.
5) Blend seasoned cornstarch with milk-broth mixture to form a smooth paste.
6) Place in a blazer pan along with remaining milk and broth.
7) Heat over boiling water and mix until smooth.
8) Add onion and celery.
9) Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10) Add turkey, peas, pimiento and olives.
11) Simmer until thoroughly heated and bubbling hot.
12) Garnish with parsley and serve in pastry shells.