Barbecued Turkey Breast
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced for about 4 teaspoons|
|Minced fresh ginger root||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , minced|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (Juice Of 3 Lemons)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless turkey breast||4 Pound (With The Skin On)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
1) Prepare the grill.
2) In a large bowl add all the marinade ingredients and whisk together.
3) Add turkey and turn it on the marinade to coat.
4) Let it stand on marinate, covered and chilled for overnight.
5) In a saucepan, heat the ingredients for glaze over moderate low heat till apricot preserves are melted.
6) Keep it warm.
7) Take out the turkey from the marinade and pat dry.
8) Place it on a rack skin side down6 inches from the glowing coals.
9) Grill it for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Turn it and grill for additional 10 to 15 minutes.
11) Grill each side for another 5 minutes basting with the warm glaze.
12) If the turkey is not evenly cooked, place it on the grill for additional 5 minutes.
13) Keep the turkey breast stand for 10 minutes.
14) Carve the meat before serving.