Turkey Stir Fry With Apricot Preserves
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Apricot preserves||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Snow peas||1 Ounce|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Defatted chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Cut the turkey neatly into thin strips and put the meat in a large bowl.
2) Add the garlic, preserves, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine the ingredients together and set the mixture aside.
3) Place a large frying pan or wok over moderate-high heat and add the onions, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry in the oil till the vegetables are just tender. This takes about 5 minutes.
4) Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and set aside.
5) To the pan, add the turkey with the marinade. Stir-fry till the turkey has cooked thoroughly. This takes about 5 minutes.
6) Add the vegetables to the pan.
7) Dissolve the cornstarch in water in a cup and add the mixture to the pan.
8) Stir well till the mixture is thick.
9) Serve hot.