Turkey Stir Fry With Apricot Preserves
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Apricot preserves||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Snow peas||1 Ounce|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Defatted chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Cut the turkey neatly into thin strips and put the meat in a large bowl.
2) Add the garlic, preserves, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine the ingredients together and set the mixture aside.
3) Place a large frying pan or wok over moderate-high heat and add the onions, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry in the oil till the vegetables are just tender. This takes about 5 minutes.
4) Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and set aside.
5) To the pan, add the turkey with the marinade. Stir-fry till the turkey has cooked thoroughly. This takes about 5 minutes.
6) Add the vegetables to the pan.
7) Dissolve the cornstarch in water in a cup and add the mixture to the pan.
8) Stir well till the mixture is thick.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg6.6%
Sodium 441.7 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 58 g115.5%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 163%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet