Turkey Thighs, Mexican
|Turkey thighs||3 Pound (4 Pieces, Weighing About 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Wash the turkey thighs and pat dry with paper toweling.
2. Season them with salt and pepper.
3. Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid
4. Blend flour into reserved mandarin orange liquid and set aside
5. In a Dutch oven or a casserole, melt the butter.
6. Arrange the turkey thighs and brown evenly on all sides. Remove browned turkey onto a platter and keep aside for a while.
7. Into the juices in the casserole, stir the orange juice, pineapple, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and cloves.
8. Return thighs to casserole and baste them with the sauce.
9. Cover casserole, reduce heat and simmer the turkey for almost 1 to 1 1/4 hours until tender.
10. Add drained orange segments at end of cooking time.
11. Remove turkey thighs to warm serving platter.
12. Stir flour-orange mixture into cooking liquid and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened and bring to a boil.
13. Pour the thickened sauce over turkey thighs and serve hot with a watercress salad and cornbread if you like.
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96.1%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 117.2 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 38.3 g
Protein 63 g125.8%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 148.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet