Vegetable Turkey Skillet
|Turkey wings||3 Pound (4 Wings, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Fresh tarragon/1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon leaves, crushed||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut into chunks|
1. Cut each turkey wing into 2 at joint using a sharp cleaver or pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Wash thoroughly and dry on paper toweling.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter and heat with oil.
4. Add the turkey wings and brown evenly in the fat. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
5. To the drippings add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
6. Tip in tomatoes, parsley and tarragon and bring to a boil, stirring.
7. Return turkey wings to into sauce and season with salt and pepper according to preference.
8. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer wings for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until they are fork-tender.
9. Uncover and add zucchini. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until zucchini is tender.
10. Serve wings immediately by themselves or over hot steamed rice or noodles.
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 254.2 mg84.7%
Sodium 306.3 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 72 g144.1%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet