Smoked Turkey, Walnut And Wild Rice Salad
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hazelnut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Long grain wild rice||24 Ounce (4 Packages Uncle Ben'S Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Instant wild rice||12 Ounce, cooked and cooled (2 Packages)|
|Smoked turkey||3 Pound, cut into bite size cubes|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), finley diced|
|Shallots/1/2 red onion||4 , finely minced|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||15 , drained and chopped|
|Toasted walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped and divided|
|Oranges||3 , peeled and cut into small pieces|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Avocados||4 , pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, divided|
|Ruby lettuce||1 (For Serving Bowl)|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Prepare dressing in a small bowl whisk together vinegar and mustard.
2) Whisk olive and hazelnut oils.
3) Sprinkle salt and pepper and keep aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, mix cooled rice, turkey, celery and onion with some of the dressing.
5) Refrigerate the dressing overnight if desired.
6) Two hours before serving mix dried tomatoes and 1 cup walnuts.
7) One hour before serving add the oranges and mushrooms tossed with a little dressing.
8) Gently toss the avocados. Keep some dressing aside for garnishing.
9) Before serving, line a large platter with ruby lettuce.
10) Toss salad with remaining vinaigrette and spoon into serving platter.
11) Garnish with remaining avocado and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
12) Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.