Hearty Turkey Apple Toss
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Fresh / Frozen / Canned)|
|Diced turkey/Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Cooked / Canned)|
|Diced apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Drizzle the apple and the turkey with the lemon juice. Toss well to coat and then set aside till required
2. Blend mayonnaise and seasonings and set aside to chill
3. In a large bowl, tip in the celery, the egg and almonds.
4. Add the lemon coated turkey and apple mixture. Mix well
5. In the same bowl, fold in the mayonnaise mixture into the turkey mixture.
6. Season to taste
7. Prepare individual lettuce leaves as cups for serving the salad.
8. Serve in the lettuce cups with apple wedges on the side
9. Pass hot rolls on the side