Stuffed Turkey Thigh
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and chopped|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 Small, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|Parsley sprigs||8 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||6 , chopped|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Toasted bread||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into croutons (Stale)|
|Apple juice||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Turkey thigh||1 1⁄2 Pound, deboned and butterflied|
1. Ask your butcher to debone and butterfly the turkey thigh or you can do it your self. Lay turkey thigh, skin-side down, on cutting board. Make a slit with sharp tipped paring knife through meat to bone and carefully remove bone. Make a horizontal cut in each side of bone cavity to open or "butterfly" thigh.
2. Grease an 8-inch cake pan or casserole with butter
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F
4. In a skillet heat the corn oil.
5. Add and sauté onion, celery and garlic in the oil until softened.
6. Stir in apple, mushrooms, herbs and seasonings and sauté for a 2 minutes.
7. Take pan of the heat and stir in croutons and apple juice.
8. Spoon 3/4 cup of this stuffing into thigh cavity.
9. Secure with a skewer or stitch using kitchen thread for that the thigh looks balloon shaped.
10. Pack remaining stuffing in greased pan or casserole.
11. Place the stuffed thigh over the dressing in casserole.
12. Cover casserole with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven
13. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
14. Remove foil and roast for another 45 minutes until meat is tender and juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
15. Slice the ballotine at a slant to revel the stuffing.
16. Serve with extra stuffing on the side.