Easy Roasted Turkey
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Wild rice stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Chicken bouillon||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
1. Take a saucepan, add broth and bring to boil. Mix in rice, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or till broth is completely absorbed.
2. Take a skillet, add butter and melt. Add celery, onion and mushroom and sauté for 3 minutes. Add seasonings and stir. Add vegetable mixture with cooked rice and stir well to prepare the Wild Rice Stuffing. Keep aside.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F before roasting.
4. Use the stuffing to fill the turkey’s body and neck cavities. Fasten the bird.
5. Take a rack present in shallow roasting pan, arrange the bird and without covering, roast, basting intermittently with butter,s for 4 hours or till the internal temperature reaches 190°F.
6. As the turkey starts browning, use an aluminum foil tent and cover it slightly.
7. Serve hot.