Orange Turkey with Rice and Green Vegetables
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Skinless lean turkey||1 Pound, cut into thin strips (450 Gram, Such As Fillet Pieces)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter Or 1 1/4 Cup)|
|Broccoli florets||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Courgette||1 Large, diced (Zucchini)|
|Cooked brown rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram Or 6 Cups)|
|Pitted black olives in brine||1 Ounce, drained and quartered (To Garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) and fry the onion and turkey, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Four in the orange juice and add the bay leaf and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the broccoli florets, covered, for 2 minutes. Add the diced courgette (zucchini), bring back to the boil, cover and cook for a further 3 minutes (do not overcook). Drain and set aside until required.
4. Using a sharp knife, peel off the skin and white pith from the orange. Slice down the orange to make thin, round slices, then cut each slice in half.
5. Stir the broccoli, courgette (zucchini), rice and orange slices into the turkey mixture. Gently mix together and heat through for 3-4 minutes until piping hot.
6. Transfer the turkey rice to serving plates and garnish with black olives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1348 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220 mg73.3%
Sodium 1305.9 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.7%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 125 g250.7%
Vitamin A 154.4% Vitamin C 691%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet