Cherkes Tavagu From Turkey
|Oven ready chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled|
|Onion||1 , skinned|
|Walnut halves||6 Ounce|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, skinned and sliced|
|Paprika pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄2 Pint|
1) In an electric blender, grind the 4 oz walnuts. Half the remaining walnuts.
2) Make thick slices of onions and carrots.
3) In a large saucepan, place the chicken with cold water.
4) Add to the pan, carrots and slices with salt, pepper and bayleaf.
5) Cover the pan and boil the liquid.
6) Make the heat low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Let the chicken stand in the stock and cool.
8) Remove the skin from the cold chicken and discard the skin.
9) Cut teh chunks out of the chicken.
10) In a frying pan, heat the butter and mix 2 oz walnuts halves.
11) Fry the walnuts until brown.
12) From the pan, remove walnuts.
13) In the pan, add onions and fry until brown.
14) Add the paprika and chicken stock.
15) Add to the stock, grinded walnut paste.
16) season the sauce.
17) Mix in the stock chicken pieces and fried walnuts.
18) Reheat while serving.