|Skinless boneless turkey breast||1 Pound, cut into four 1/4-inch-thick scallops|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Ham/Prosciutto / other dry-cured ham, unsliced||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chicken livers||2 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Finely minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Duck fat/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Madeira wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche/Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Keep each turkey scallop within two sheets of waxed paper. With a cleaver gently pound meat to about 1/8-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2) Trim spare fat from ham and cast aside.
3) Clean chicken livers and run under cold running water and dry with paper towels.
4) Remove membranes and chop ham coarsely to measure 3/4 cup.
5) Chop chicken livers.
6) Chop mushroom coarsely measuring to 2 1/2 cups.
7) Preheat oven moderate hot to 200 degrees.
8) In food processor with steel blade mix ham, chicken livers, mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
9) Divide eggs, adding yolks to processor and reserve whites.
10) Process for 20 seconds till combined. Alternately mince ingredients and blend with yolks in medium-size bowl.
11) Spread 2 tablespoons stuffing mixture on each flattened turkey scallop. Roll the scallops, tucking edges and tie securely with kitchen string.
12) Keep aside remaining stuffing mixture.
13) In large heavy skillet heat duck fat or oil over medium heat.
14) Add paupiettes and fry turning occasionally for about 10 minutes. Transfer to heatproof platter and keep warm in oven.
15) Transfer stuffing to skillet and fry for 1 minute.
16) Stir in Madeira and white wine and boil over medium-high heat. Add paupiettes and reserved juices to skillet and cook for 8 to 12 minutes turning occasionally till reduced by half.
17) Put 4 dinner plates in oven to warm.
18) Place paupiettes to dinner plates and take out strings.
19) Mix creme fraiche or heavy cream and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
20) Spread sauce over each paupiette and sprinkle parsley on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2197 Calories from Fat 834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g143.9%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 781.6 mg260.5%
Sodium 977.2 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 169 g339%
Vitamin A 211.3% Vitamin C 130.2%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 77.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet