Healthy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Turkey
|Red bell peppers||4|
|Yellow bell pepper||4|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Microwaved brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Herbs de provence||1 Pinch|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Chop the onions.
3. Chop celery ribs
4. Cut the tops of bell peppers and remove the seeds.
5. Cut off tops of bell peppers.
6. In a bowl, prepare the filling.
7. Add chopped onions, celery ribs and cut bell pepper tops to it. Mix it well.
8. Add cup of microwaved brown rice.
9. Beat an egg into the bowl.
10. Sprinkle seasoned salt, garlic powder and herbs.
11. Add tomato sauce. Mix it well.
12. Stuff this filling in the peppers.
13. Top it with tomato sauce.
14. Cook it in microwave for less than 20 minutes or bake it in an oven for 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until done.
15. Serve Healthy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Turkey as it is.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1531 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 358.3 mg119.4%
Sodium 925.5 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 31 g123.9%
Sugars 47.6 g
Protein 107 g213.2%
Vitamin A 351.4% Vitamin C 2682.2%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 76.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet