Turkey - Traditional
|Turkey||21 Pound, cleaned and giblets removed|
|Apple||1 , cut into 6 segments|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh sage||To Taste|
|Fresh thyme||To Taste|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , cut into 4 pieces|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy/Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Season butter with paprika, salt and pepper and microwave it for 10 seconds.
3. Now, reserve 1 tbsp butter and mix garlic in the rest of the mix.
4. Rub the butter garlic mixture inside the cavity of the turkey.
5. Put shallots, fennel seeds, apple, thyme and sage into the cavity.
6. Rub the reserved 1 tbsp butter outside.
7. Place the turkey in the roasting pan over a foil ring.
8. Pour brandy in center of the cavity.
9. Bake it at 450 F for 30 minutes.
10. Cover the turkey with foil and bake it for 3-4 hours at 325 F, basting at least once every hour.
11. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
12. Carve and serve accompanied with a nice gravy.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.8 mg58.3%
Sodium 162.7 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.82 g0.27%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.66%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 47 g93%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.77%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet