Puff, The Magic Meal
|Nonstick olive oil cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Japanese eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs), unpeeled, cut in fourths lengthwise, then cut crosswise into small chunks|
|Lean ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light butter||1 Tablespoon|
|For yorkshire pudding|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and eggplant. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is softened and eggplant is golden brown. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
2. Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until no longer pink, 3 minutes. Add basil, oregano, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and reserved eggplant mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 425°. Place butter in 10-inch pie plate. Place in oven until butter is melted.
4. Yorkshire Pudding: In medium bowl beat eggs lightly. Add milk. Beat until well blended. Add flour and salt. Beat until batter is smooth. Pour batter into heated pie plate. Place turkey mixture in middle of batter. Spread out to within 1 inch of edge. Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until brown and puffy. Cut in wedges and serve.