Roast Turkey Breast with Apple Cornbread Stuffing
|Non stick cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornbread stuffing mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , diced|
|Dried sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Dried thyme leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Boneless turkey breast||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chopped onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornbread stuffing mix, diced apple, 1/4 teaspoon dried sage and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole; set aside.
3. Spray shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Place turkey breast in pan, skin side up; coat with cooking spray. Combine paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme and black pepper in small bowl; sprinkle over turkey. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
4. Place turkey in preheated oven; roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Place stuffing in oven alongside turkey; continue to roast 35 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 170°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast.
5. Transfer turkey to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. (Internal temperature will rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time.)
6. Remove stuffing from oven; cover to keep warm. Carve turkey into thin slices; serve immediately with stuffing and cranberry sauce, if desired.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.6 mg36.9%
Sodium 407.4 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 42 g84.1%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet