|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), unsifted|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated yellow onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon/Parsley||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat, and blend in the flour and salt, stirring constantly.
2. Gradually stir in the milk and cook, continuing to stir, until the mixture thickens— about 3 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the turkey, onion, lemon juice, and tarragon.
3. Pour the mixture into a buttered 8"x 8"x 2" pan, spreading it evenly. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until stiff enough to shape.
4. Take the pan from the freezer and shape the mixture into 4 oval patties.
5. Put the egg and bread crumbs into separate small bowls. Beat the egg lightly. Heat the oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat. Take each croquette and dip it first into the egg and next into the bread crumbs, then place it in the skillet. Fry the croquettes until they are nicely browned—about 6 minutes on each side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1894 Calories from Fat 1257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.7%
Saturated Fat 47.2 g236.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 539.5 mg179.8%
Sodium 2808.6 mg117%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 102 g204.4%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet