Roast Turkey Breast With Chestnut Stuffing
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaf||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Coarsely chopped canned chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White bread slice||6 , toasted and cut in tiny cubes|
|Frozen turkey breast||1 , thawed|
1. Saute onion and celery in 4 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft in a medium-size skillet. Stir in parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, chestnuts and water; bring to boiling. Pour over bread in a large bowl; toss until evenly moist.
2. Turn turkey breast upside down on a cutting board; spread open. Lightly stuff chestnut mixture into neck and breast cavities. Fold sides of breast up over stuffing; hold in place with skewers. Smooth neck skin over the stuffing; skewer. Place roast, skin-side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter or margarine in small saucepan; brush over the turkey. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast without touching bone. Cover pan loosely with foil.
4. Roast in slow oven (325°) 1 1/2 hours; uncover. Continue roasting, brushing turkey several times with drippings in pan, 1 hour longer, or until the turkey is tender and thermometer registers 185°.
5. Place turkey on a heated serving platter; remove skewers. Surround with sauteed mushrooms and buttered whole green beans, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2608 Calories from Fat 1372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.7%
Saturated Fat 76.7 g383.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 765.1 mg255%
Sodium 3224.3 mg134.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.8%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 186 g372.4%
Vitamin A 104.1% Vitamin C 79%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 144.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet