Cranberry Glazed Roast Turkey
|Frozen stuffed turkey||1|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Canned jellied cranberry sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1. Remove frozen, stuffed turkey from wrapper; place turkey, breast up, on a rack in a roasting pan; coat with soft butter or margarine.
2. Roast in slow oven (325°) for turkey cooked in an uncovered pan, and basting every hour with buttery drippings in pan for 5 1/2 hours.
3. Pour off the pan drippings into a small bowl; measure 6 tablespoonfuls into a small saucepan; set the remaining aside for making gravy, if you wish.
4. Stir cranberry and Worcestershire sauces and marjoram into drippings in the saucepan; heat, stirring constantly, just to boiling. Brush part over turkey.
5. Continue roasting, basting several times with the remaining cranberry mixture, 30 minutes longer, or until drumstick feels soft and a meat thermometer inserted into center of stuffing registers 165°.
6. Remove turkey to a heated platter; carve and serve. After serving, remove any leftover stuffing from the turkey and chill separately.